AREA OF REFUGE
AREA OF REFUGE or AREA OF RESCUE ASSISTANCE provides a location for building occupants, who cannot traverse the stairs without assistance, to be able to assemble by an exit and await assistance or instructions by first responders.
Talkaphone’s complete AOR system is fully compliant with IBC 1007, ADAAG 7, ICC A117.1, and NFPA 72 - 24.5.3.
AOR System Components
System consists of a flush or surface mounted Command Unit, a selected number of AOR stations, and AOR signage to accommodate the selected number of stations.
AOR Command Units
Area of Refuge Command Units accommodating 8, 16, 24 or 32 Call Stations are part of Talkaphone’s total AOR solution.
- On-site calling requires no outside phone lines
- Off-site calling requires only one phone line for each group of up to 8 stations. Line seizure eliminates need for dedicated phone line
- Blinking LEDs indicate Stations that are waiting to be answered. When first call is completed, 2nd call is automatically received and phone rings
- Siren is activated when Emergency call is first detected, shuts off when call has been answered Models available to accommodate 8, 16, 24 or 32 Area of Rescue/Refuge stations
AOR Call Stations
ADA-Compliant, hands-free emergency call station for use in locations such as elevators, areas of rescue, stairwells and more. Available with voice identification or aux output options.
Area of Refuge Signage
AOR Deluxe Lighted Sign
Talk-A-Phone’s ETP-SIGN/LD Deluxe Lighted Sign designates a location as an Area of Rescue Assistance and aids in locating an emergency phone. The sign features an architectural slim design to fit into any environment.
Signs available with in “Area of Rescue”, “Area of Refuge” or “Push for Help” verbiage. Lighted options available.
- Lighted sign is attractive and attention-getting
- Includes battery backup in case of power failure
- Aids with ADA compliance
- High intensity red LEDs
- Attractive aluminum extrusion design
- High clarity, optically true acrylic panels
AOR Lighted Sign
Lighted sign is attractive and attention-getting Frame is constructed of 20 gauge galvanized steel Aids with ADA compliance High intensity red LEDs.
AOR Self-Adhesive Sign
Talk-A-Phone’s ETP-SIGN-PFH Area of Refuge Instruction Sign designates a location as an Area of Rescue Assistance and aids in locating emergency phones.
Sign is self-adhesive to mount easily on a wall Raised lettering and Braille for ADA compliance Constructed of ultra-violet light-resistant polycarbonate.
Talk-A-Phone’s ETP-SIGN Self-Adhesive Sign designates a location as an Area of Rescue and aids in locating an emergency phone. The sign features raised lettering and Braille for ADA compliance and can be easily affixed to a wall.
Raised lettering and Braille for ADA-compliance Constructed of ultra-violet light-resistant polycarbonate Self-adhesive to mount easily on wall.
To learn more about AREA OF REFUGE solutions, applications and supported technologies call
CALL WITH QUESTIONS.
RELY ON OUR KNOWLEDGE.
DEPEND ON OUR EXPERIENCE.