FIRE ALARM CAD DESIGNER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Responsible for the creation of design drawings and submittals (system drawings, bill of material, calculations, technical manuals, "as-built", etc.) for fire alarm systems and track for design approval.
- Under general supervision; ability to exercise independent judgment to compare alternate courses of action and make a decision after considering the options; Understand Code and the customer needs in making day-to-day decisions and provide feedback or occasionally take action on changes in Code and customer requirements.
- Should have basic understanding of mechanical systems and their interface to fire alarm systems. Identify, define and develop solutions to issues that are not immediately evident in existing processes and systems.
- Work as a team player to technically support our sales team, technicians, CAD drafters, and project managers through the delivery cycle.
- Prefer NICET III
- Demonstrated ability in drafting/CAD, computer skills estimating/pricing, and project management.
- Knowledge of multiple electronic building systems.
Very competitive wage and compensation package including health insurance, company matching 401K, paid vacation. Valid driver’s license, background checks, and drug testing required.