INDUSTRIAL FIRE PROTECTION SYSTEM INSTALLER
Vanguard Oil & Gas Division, a national leader in industrial fire protection, is a division of Vanguard Fire & Security Systems, Inc. — a company with over 50 years in the business of protecting people, property, and product.
From new system designs, equipment sourcing, and installations to ongoing inspections, testing, and maintenance of existing fire protection systems, Vanguard serves you in any and all aspects of Fire Prevention, Detection, Suppression, and Control.
Vanguard Oil and Gas Division is hiring qualified Industrial Fire Protection System Installers to perform installation, testing, maintenance and repair of industrial fire equipment which may include customer portable and fixed fire extinguisher systems and components, fire detection and alarm system components, fixed gas detection systems components and foam, dry chemical, gaseous fire suppression systems and water-based fire suppression systems. Experience with bolt up, screw pipe, grooved pipe, flanges, valves, etc. needed.
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Install pipe for firefighting foam, dry chemical, clean agent and water-based fire suppression systems
- Run conduit and pull wire for low-voltage appliances
- Complete all documentation associated with installation, testing, maintenance and repair in a timely and accurate manner
- Obtain signature(s) from customer for documentation and proper invoicing
- Conduct detailed visual inspections and functionality tests of various systems and equipment
- Report deficiencies and corrective recommendations to customer
- Assist others in facility including stocking shelves with clean, tested and ready to use equipment and pulling, staging and loading customer orders onto trucks for delivery
- Maintain work area and other areas in a clean and orderly condition
- Perform basic maintenance and care of assigned vehicle and/or trailer
- Follow Vanguard Policies and Procedures
- Complete all duties as assigned by management in a timely manner
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be well versed in the safe use of general hand tools and power tools
- Active Driver License, in good standing required
- Must meet safe driving policy criteria to be an active company vehicle driver
- Must be able to travel to work sites for short and long-term out of town projects
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Ability to work well with team members and willingness to follow instructions
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes
- Achieve NICET Level II certification within 12 months
Skill and Ability Requirements
- Customer oriented interpersonal skills
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to speak and understand the English language
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must be able to exercise effective time management skills (prioritize, work on a time line)
- Must be able to understand and interpret codes and standards
Physical Requirements & Exposures
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds
- Must be able to carry 75 pounds repeatedly
- Must be able to push greater than 100 pounds as needed
- Must be able to pull greater than 100 pounds as needed
- Must be able to safely climb a ladder and reach a height of at least 12 ft.
- Constant (5-8hrs/shift) standing, walking, handling items, and eye/hand/foot coordination
- Frequently (2-5hrs/shift) lifting, carrying, repetitive motions, noise exposure, grasping items
- Occasionally (up to 2hrs/shift) sitting, pushing, pulling, climbing, stooping, balancing, reaching, crouching, exposure to weather
This position may require the handling of chemicals that may be skin and/or respiratory irritants. Person may also be exposed to ventilation areas which may have respiratory irritant. Must not be skin and respiratory sensitive to these materials and environments. MSDS are available.
To be considered for this position - any and all candidates must be able to certify that he or she can perform with or without reasonable accommodation all of the Physical Requirements listed above.
Competitive Wage, Health Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays and Company Matching 401K.
Vanguard offers competitive wages based on certifications, skills, and experience. Vanguard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.