INDUSTRIAL FIRE PROTECTION SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Vanguard Oil & Gas Division, a national leader in industrial fire protection, is a division of Vanguard Fire & Security Systems, Inc. — a company with over 50 years in the business of protecting people, property, and product.
From new system designs, equipment sourcing, and installations to ongoing inspections, testing, and maintenance of existing fire protection systems, Vanguard serves you in any and all aspects of Fire Prevention, Detection, Suppression, and Control.
Vanguard Oil and Gas Division is hiring qualified Industrial Fire Protection Service Technicians to perform inspections, testing, maintenance and repair of fire equipment which may include customer portable and fixed fire extinguisher systems and components, fire detection and alarm system components, fixed gas detection systems components and foam, dry chemical, gaseous fire suppression systems and water-based fire suppression systems.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Reach with hands and arms, able to speak and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Indoor and outdoor industrial environments
- May be frequently exposed to cold, hot, wet, humid weather conditions
- Daily customer contact
- Frequent contact with other facility personnel
Specific Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete all documentation associated with inspection and repair in a timely and accurate manner and obtains signature from customer so that proper invoicing and documentation can be provided to customer. This includes all inspection and repair documents, job cost billable expenses and time sheets
- Conduct detailed visual inspections and functionality tests of various systems and equipment
- Report deficiencies and corrective recommendations to customer
- Assist others in facility including stocking shelves with clean, tested and ready to use equipment and pulling, staging and loading customer orders onto trucks for delivery
- Maintain work area and other areas in a clean and orderly condition
- Perform basic maintenance and care of assigned vehicle and/or trailer
- Travel to work sites for short and long-term out of town projects.
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, submittals, and operational/product manuals
- Experience with hand tools and multi-meter usage
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Ability to work well with team members and willingness to follow instructions
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes
- Achieve NICET Level II certification within 12 months
This position may require the handling of chemicals that may be skin and/or respiratory irritants. Person may also be exposed to ventilation areas which may have respiratory irritant. Must not be skin and respiratory sensitive to these materials and environments. MSDS are available.
To be considered for this position - any and all candidates must be able to certify that he or she can perform with or without reasonable accommodation all of the Physical Requirements listed above.
Competitive Wage, Health Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays and Company Matching 401K.
Vanguard offers competitive wages based on certifications, skills, and experience. Vanguard is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.